Packages have a way of arriving when you’re not home. To help out, we are happy to accept parcels delivered by UPS, Fed-ex or any other delivery services on your behalf.
While renter’s insurance is not a requirement of your residency at Riley Towers, we strongly encourage all of our residents to obtain renter’s insurance. It protects your personal property if anything happens, and can pay for any damage or loss to the apartment property. Like everyone at Riley Towers, you are responsible for damage or loss to apartment property, and your person caused by fire, vandalism, water damage, and other injurious acts or crime.
For your convenience, we have front desk personnel available 24/7. If you need assistance, please call 317.635.3300.
Emergency Services 911
Police Department (317) 327-3811
Fire Department (317) 327-6041
Elementary: Indianapolis Public Schools (317) 226-4000
Middle School/Junior High: IPS (317) 226-4000
High School: IPS (317) 226-4000
Within 48 hours of your service request (excluding weekends), a Riley Towers associate will respond. If special parts or outside services are required, we will take care of those arrangements for you and complete your request as quickly as possible. To make sure you get the service you deserve, please direct all requests to the Riley Towers office. We will do everything we can to solve the problem.
Our on-call maintenance technician will be happy to assist you with the following 24-hour emergency items:
- No electricity throughout the apartment
- No water throughout the apartment
- No heat in extremely cold temperatures (60 degrees or below)
- Water coming into your apartment (i.e. flooding, leaks, etc.)
- Toilet not working (if you only have one bathroom)
- Possibilities of fire from electrical sparks, burning odor, or detection of smoke. If a fire occurs, call 911 first!
- Anytime your apartment security is compromised (i.e. broken window, damaged lock, etc.)
If you are experiencing a life-threatening emergency, please dial 911!
Meanwhile, here are a few guidelines for handling some possible issues:
Electrical (power failure)
- Determine if there is an area power failure
- Check your circuit breakers located in the front closet. Turn them all to the “OFF” position, then turn to the “ON” position.
- Call our office if an area power failure is not evident and step two does not restore power.
Plumbing (stoppage or overflow)
- Turn off the “shut off” valve nearest the fixture. Note: To do so, turn the shut-off valve a quarter to the right.
- Do not use fixture.
- Call our office.
If you are locked out of your apartment during normal business hours, please contact the leasing office. We will be happy to provide you with a key with proper photo identification. If you are locked out during non-business hours, please contact the front desk personnel. Valid photo identification is required.
If you require pest control service, please contact our leasing office and we will be happy to schedule a pest control appointment for you. You will be asked to secure all pets during this pest control visit.
When you move in your apartment will be fully equipped with light bulbs in all of the permanent fixtures.
Please purchase the necessary light bulbs, and if you need assistance simply submit a service request for the maintenance team to install the new bulb for you. If you have any questions regarding types of bulbs or how to change a light bulb, please do not hesitate to contact the leasing office. We also sell light bulbs, at cost, if you would prefer. We are happy to help!
Caring For Your Community
One of the things our residents find most attractive about Riley Towers is the simplicity, consistency and cleanliness of how our buildings look. Maintaining that look requires everyone’s cooperation, and as a result, the community does not allow the installation of wires, aerials, radio or television antennas, on patios, balconies, windows, or any part of the building or premises.
Noise can be a nuisance, and at Riley Towers, we ask all of our residents to be considerate of their neighbors when entertaining, using their television or stereo, or using appliances and vacuum cleaners late at night. If you reside in an upstairs apartment that also means avoiding running, jumping, or slamming doors.
If you are experiencing a noise concern, please let our leasing or front desk staff know and we will address the issue promptly.
Trash rooms are located on each floor. Please make sure you bag all trash and put down the chute. Do not leave trash in the trash room. If you are just moving in and have multiple boxes, please break them down and leave in the basement area of the building. Our staff will be happy to dispose of them for you.
We try to keep the grounds and public areas clean, neat and attractive for everyone to enjoy. Some basic community guidelines to help us stay beautiful are:
- Please make sure your garbage goes straight from your apartment to the trash room. We do not allow bags of trash to be left in hallways or common areas.
- Please take care to clear personal belongings from outside your front door.
- Please remember that smoking is not allowed in our common areas, hallways or elevators.
- Finally, please show respect for landscaped areas, shrubbery, and trees. We work hard to keep the grounds looking great and appreciate your help in keeping them that way.
Residents are responsible for keeping the balconies and patios neat and clean at all times. The hanging of flags, banner, clothes or storage of any type, including bicycles, trash cans, toys, etc. are not permitted. You are more than welcome to fly the American flag on the pertinent holidays. The installation, placement or affixing of satellite dishes is permitted on the premises with written consent of the Property Manager and with proper renter’s insurance provided. There are additional fees associated with a satellite dish. Fireworks are not permitted on the property at any time. Existing insurance regulations and the Fire Marshall require that we do not allow gas or charcoal grills on balconies or patios. Electric grills are permitted.
For your peace of mind, door-to-door solicitation is not allowed. If a solicitor makes it to your door, please refer them to our office. We will take care of it.
Displaying or discharging fireworks, guns, slingshots, or any type of firearm or weapon is strictly prohibited. Violation of this policy by any resident, occupant, or guest may result in the immediate termination of the lease contract.
Recreational facilities, including the swimming pool and lounge, the fitness center and resident center are provided for your use and enjoyment. Reasonable safety precautions are provided for all recreational facilities. Anyone using the facilities do so at their own risk. Riley Towers is not responsible for lost or stolen articles. Please abide by the posted Rules and Regulations and hours of operation. The use of the facilities is limited to the Residents of Riley Towers and their guests. The resident must accompany their guests. Limit two guest per apartment.
Resident Center is open from 5:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. daily. Pool and lounge hours are 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. daily during the summer season.
All vehicles parked in community parking areas must be in working condition and have current registration tags. Additionally, we must ask that if you do not intend to operate your vehicle for an extended period of time that you park in less premium parking spaces as a courtesy to your neighbors. Vehicles in violation of the following guidelines will be towed without notice at the owner’s expense:
- Abandoned vehicles and disabled cars
- Vehicles without an appropriate Riley Towers issued parking sticker displayed properly
- Vehicles with expired license plates
- Vehicles parked in fire lanes
- Vehicles parked in handicap zones
- Vehicles blocking other vehicles
Bicycles racks are provided throughout the property. No bicycles can be stored in the common areas or stairwells. Motorcycles are allowed on the property, however, they must be assigned a parking space and be registered with the leasing office for an additional fee.
All parking is an additional monthly fee and is all assigned. Contact the leasing office for the current rates.
Dogs and cats are welcome at Riley Towers but we do have a few restrictions:
- All pets must be registered at the leasing office and all fees paid.
- Unfortunately, we are not able to accommodate dogs larger than 25lbs. full grown.
- We allow up to two pets per apartment.
- We do not accept Pit Bulls, Dobermans, Rottweilers, Chows, Akitas, Mastiff breeds, Wolf hybrids, Rhodesian Ridgebacks or German Shepherds.
- Your dog must be leashed and under your control at all times when outside your apartment.
- You must pick up your pet’s waste each time you take him or her out. A $100 clean up fee will be charged to pet owners that do not clean up after their pet.
- Pets are not to ever be left unattended outside or on the balcony/patio of your apartment.
- Cats must remain inside your apartment or be leashed, or in a carrier, when outside.
- An aquarium is fine, but if it holds more than 50 gallons of water, we need you to have insurance for it.
- Sorry, but we cannot allow any wild, exotic, endangered or poisonous animals, reptiles, or birds to be in residence at Riley Towers.
- For the community’s rules about other types of pets, please check with the office. We will be happy to provide more information.
Rent Payment and Lease Agreement
Please make your rent payments by personal check, certified check or money order, or through our online payment system. You are welcome to drop off rent checks in the office, or for after-hours payment, you can leave your payment with the front desk.
- Cash and partial payments cannot be accepted.
- Remember to clearly write your apartment number on the check or money order.
- Delinquent rent payments are subject to late charges, as well as, legal fees and court costs. If rent has not been received by the 5th day of the month, a late fee of $25 will be due on the morning of the 6th day. If rent has not been received by the 9th day of the month, the account will be submitted for eviction and will be subject to legal fees.
- Bank returned checks will not be re-deposited. In addition to late charges, the resident incurs a N.S.F. charge of $25 over and above the amount of the check as well as the late fees.
- Checks returned by the bank must be redeemed within 48 hours with a cashier’s check or money order. Two returned checks will necessitate that for a period of 12 months, rent payments are made only by cashier’s check or money order.
A set monthly fee is assessed based on the size of the apartment. This fee includes everything but telephone, cable television, and internet and is to be paid with the monthly rent.
We will contact you in advance of your lease expiration date to introduce renewal options and explain any changes to lease terms and rental rates. The lengths of renewal lease terms vary, but do not exceed 12 months. If you choose to continue residency on a month-to-month basis at the end of your original lease term, you may be required to pay monthly rent premiums over and about the stated market rent. If you choose not to renew, your lease requires a 60-day written notice to vacate, prior to the lease expiration.
We want you to stay with us for a long time, so if you find your current home no longer meets your needs, consider transferring to another apartment home within the community. We will be happy to assist you in finding an apartment that will meet your new requirements.
Roommates are jointly responsible for all rental payments and lease terms. As a result, a notice to vacate must be signed by all leasees.
Upon move-out, the security deposit refund check (if one is owed) will be made out in the names of all residents listed on the lease agreement and mailed to the forwarding address provided. That means roommates will have to decide when and how to divide the deposit appropriately.
At Riley Towers we are committed to the principles of Fair Housing. We will not discriminate in the leasing and management of our community on the basis of sex, age, marital status, race, creed, ancestry, color, religion, national origin, gender, handicap, sexual orientation, or familial status.
These principles are guaranteed by law, meaning that we cannot and will not provide different adult and family sections of the apartment community nor require one set of rules for certain residents and another set of rules for others.
We promise to provide all residents and guests with the same courteous treatment and application of company and community guidelines.
To assure a quality lifestyle for all residents, we have established occupancy guidelines for the maximum number of persons that can occupy each floor plan type: Two occupants in a one bedroom, four occupants in a two bedroom, and six occupants in a three-bedroom floor plan. If you experience a change in family size that puts your family outside the guidelines, please contact the office to assist you with the transition.